People always want to improve their homes and make them attractive, pleasant to spent time in and very welcoming. To do so, everyone pays attention to small details, in order to add a lovely touch to a room. Details are indeed important and the best thing about them is that they are small and yet they create a great atmosphere. We decorate our walls with different kinds of details, starting from pictures to wall hooks. Wall hooks are important and very useful, not only for our entrée but for any other room as a matter of fact. There are always things we can hang, rather than let them sit messily somewhere else. Wall hooks are great small organisers that help us improve the way of living in our own homes. There are thousands of different wall hook design ideal, as many of them we can actually make ourselves. To create your own wall hooks, you simply have to use your imagination and add a pinch of your own style. Here are some of our suggestions in clear steps on great DIY wall hooks that will add a nice feeling to your house or apartment.
DIY Door-Knob Wall Hooks
This is an interesting idea to use door knobs as wall hooks. What you need is a few door knobs, nails and a hammer.
- To make this type of wall hooks, start by choosing the right place to install them
- Then place a door knob on the wall and start driving the nail, which has to go through the key hole
These are the simple steps you have to follow to make your own door-knob wall hooks. If you want to make them even more attractive, you can repaint them in a nice colour to fit your interior. Or even better, to differ from the colour of the walls of your entrée so that they are more visible and grab the attention when walking into the house.
DIY Cutlery Wall Hooks
Another great and super extraordinary idea to make your own wall hooks is to use cutlery. What you need is forks and spoons, a flat wooden board, nails and a hammer and pliers.
- Fold the cutlery items you are going to use using pliers
- Then use thick nails to attach the cutlery to the wooden board
- Use the hammer to drive the nails and attach the cutlery
- Then attach the board to the wall (you can also do it in advace)
And here you have a great new set of wall hooks that you can use in any room, especially in the kitchen to hang kitchen utensils or other supplies you use there. Of course, you can place them in the entrée as well, where you can hang coats, keys and umbrellas.
DIY Toys Wall Hooks
If you would like to make nice wall hooks for your child’s bedroom, you can use this incredible idea and use toys as wall hooks. What you need is different small toys, a flat wooden board, glue, nails, hammer
- Attach the board to the wall, using nails and a hammer
- Then glue the toys to the wooden board, making sure that either a leg, head or any part of the toy is situated in a way that it can be used as a hook
- In case you want to make it even more colourful, you can repaint the wooden board in advance.
Author Bio: July Minor is blogger and writer who loves to write about interior, home improvement, cleaning and other topics. She works as a manager of a company which offers hot water carpet cleaning and she has the opportunity to see new places every day.